We’re Hiring: Front-End Developer
We design custom websites for companies, colleges, publications, and non-profit organizations all across the Midwest. We put a great deal of thought into our websites, so that they’re easy to use and easy to find. We believe in thoughtful user experiences, detail-oriented designs and impeccably clean code. If you enjoy solving interactive challenges, working in small, collaborative teams and growing yourself as a top-notch web professional – then we definitely want to talk to you.
What You’ll Be Doing
You should have an insatiable appetite for learning new things and improving upon existing ones. Typically, you’ll find yourself working on a variety of web-related projects, informing our designers (and clients) on technical possibilities and implementing code-centric solutions.
Teamwork is very important to us. Getting your work done on time and with the highest of quality standards is essential so that we all succeed.
We expect you to rise to challenges you haven’t faced before and be comfortable asking for help when you really need it. If you’re the right one for us, then you pay attention to the tiniest of details, adhere to strict coding standards, meet your milestones and take great pride in your work.
Things You Must Posses
- Standards advocate – You excel at building modern non-table based interfaces using semantic markup and CSS for layout.
- Browser aficionado – You know the quirks of the major browsers and know how to work around each of their shortcomings.
- Passionate – When building something cool, you forget what time it is and you can’t wait for the next challenge.
- Pragmatic – Support for older browsers is still a reality, know how to deal with the challenges of that while still being innovative. We’re talking IE8+
- Implementing WordPress content management systems.
- Experience working with the ZURB foundation framework is a huge plus.
- Knowing how to develop for touch-screens is also a huge plus.
How To Apply
Send us a personal letter telling us why you are the perfect person for this position, your resume, some examples of code that you have written, and anything else that will make you stand out to firstname.lastname@example.org. A couple of things to note. This is a full-time position. We offer flexible work schedules, two weeks paid vacation after one year of employment, 401(k) matching and health care benefits after 90 days.
If we think you’re a good fit, we’ll get in touch with you on next steps for the application process.
P.S. For the love of God, no recruiters please!