We’re Hiring: Business Developer
Usman Group is seeking an exceptional salesperson with the innate ability to effectively prospect, qualify, and close new business opportunities. In this role you will be responsible for selling our high-end web design, development, marketing and maintenance services to a wide range of Fortune 1000 businesses. We’ve worked with best-in-class companies in the healthcare, education, financial services and publications markets.
If you’re the right one for us, you should have no problem finding your own way inside big organizations who are in need of our high quality design and strategic internet marketing services.
You’ll be responsible for selling our passion – so you have to feel what we feel. We’re looking to you to close low-volume, high-dollar amounts. The knowledge we provide you, along with the technical sales support should allow you to reach, build rapport with, and successfully close C-LEVEL decision makers. The ability to operate autonomously while being aware of our project flow and deliverable schedule is absolutely critical to your success here.
You should possess a positive and winning attitude. You should be able to quickly and effectively uncover project hurdles and budgets. You should have an inquisitive, yet challenging nature to your selling process. You aren’t afraid to ask the tough questions, take a stand or tell a prospect what you really think. You have to be really good at spotting the right opportunities. But the most important thing that we need you to do is to establish trust in our services – everything else will follow.
We have a mantra posted up on our wall. It reads “Better work brings better work”. If you believe you are the perfect person for this position, then help us be better and bring it.
- Implement strategic sales plans to achieve corporate goals.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments that affect target markets.
- Responsible for transferring secured accounts to our Project Coordinator.
- Research and develop potential clients.
- Proactively identify, locate, and qualify new business leads.
- Establish industry contacts that lead to closing new business.
- Diligently develop sales leads.
- Represent Usman Group at trade association meetings and events.
Proposal & Presentation Process
- Orchestrate sales process from prospecting to close.
- Coordinate with team leads on scope, timeline and price.
- Set client expectations and proactively communicate with client during sales cycle.
- Successfully and professionally deliver presentations to key clients.
Negotiation & Contracts
- Negotiates and closes deals.
- Accountable for NDAs, LOIAs, contracts, and SOWs.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university.
- 3+ years professional services sales experience within the Internet technology space.
- Ability to consistently achieve or exceed set monthly sales quotas: $30K+
- Experience in structured solution sales methodology (complex sales).
- Impeccable client-facing skills, including verbal presentations and written documentation.
- Strong team-player.
Highland Park, IL
Full-Time. Competitive base. Tiered commissions starting at 10%.
We offer flexible work schedules, 401K and two weeks paid vacation after one year of employment and health care benefits after 90 days, not to mention the casual yet dynamic work environment, high-profile projects, cutting-edge technologies, and a chance to work with people who are just as smart and driven as you are.
3rd Party Recruiting/Sales calls will not be accepted.
Usman Group is a boutique web design firm, specializing in the development of user-centered websites. Through key research and analysis, innovative ideas, and interactive design, we help organizations create intuitive online experiences that generate business.
Since 2006, the Usman Group has built successful web-based solutions in the financial services, education, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing, technology, consumer-retail, and publications industries.
The output we produce is based on an unquenchable passion to make things work. We give our very best from day one, and work tirelessly to produce thoughtful solutions for our clients.
To learn more about our company, please visit www.usmangroup.com.
How To Apply:
Send us a personal letter telling us why you are the perfect person for this position. Please include your resume, how you would approach securing new business for us or anything else that will make you stand out to email@example.com.
If we think you’re a good fit, we’ll get in touch with you on next steps for the application process.